Monday, July 18, 2011

From Trial to Triumph


So often we as women allow ourselves to be stagnant because of past hurts, struggles, and disappointments. We go through things in life and we allow those things to dictate our outcomes, but who says we have to live Life on Life's terms? Who says we have to settle for mediocrity and less than the absolute best because we've been dealt a crappy hand? For so long, I allowed situations in my life to hold me back. I lost myself in the grind of daily living, got caught up in trying to keep my head above water, and when life wasn’t the issue, fear was there to make matters much worse.

I lived for a very long time with such a complex… so talented, yet completely convinced that I was only as good as what I could do for others to make them happy, never mind my own happiness.
After a very challenging 2 years, that broke me down to nothing emotionally, I became a bit of a recluse as I worked to rebuild myself from the inside out. It’s not easy to lose the one thing you spent more than 13 years preparing for, it’s not easy to go through the turmoil and still maintain faith, hope, trust in God and belief that there is a purpose behind the loss.

I believe that I hit rock bottom. Bottom is different for everyone but my bottom was also my wake up call. I had to stop… Stop helping everybody else, stop remaining friends with people who only used me, hurt me, depleted me, and then treated me as out of sight out of mind. I took stock in myself and discovered that there is a lot in me that is aching to get out and though I suffered great loss to get to this point there has to be recompense. I discovered that there was a woman within me getting shoved aside, lost in a sea of EVERYTHING, jumping, waving, screaming REMEMBER ME? I chose to Rescue Her!


My first step was to begin to purge and as I purged I chronicled my journey so I’d have something to look back on during difficult days and also to help others. After purging I got active researching. I am highly creative with many visions and I once had a passion for business that I felt being rekindled. My research lead me to reopening my business, legitimately and each day I press towards one success at a time. I realize that though I’ve suffered much devastation in my 32 years of living, it has all been for this season in my life that I am now entering. I’m much stronger! My Event Planning Business 'Xquisite Artistry' www.xquisiteartistry.com    is just step one in my journey to triumph. Real soon, I will LEAP into Much More!

Though my thoughts are vague my heart is in these words and I hope that you can read deeply between the lines and find your healing as well. Don’t let the turmoil you face in life have the final say… Pick yourself up and begin your own journey From Trial to Triumph!

No comments:

Post a Comment