Monday, August 1, 2011

Before You Work Out, Exercise


I’ve been working in the fitness industry for fourteen years and have witnessed people achieve the body of their dreams just to have it dissipate in half the time it took for them to achieve it. So I began to examine my own life and the lives of some of my closest friends and clients with the intention to find out why the body of their dreams would elude them so quickly. What I discovered was two things. First is that the body is not just skin, organs, muscles, and bones. It is an energy system that stores our dominant thoughts and emotions deep within the tissues and cells of the anatomy. Ultimately it is this "storage" process that sends out energetic vibrations into the universe that attract to us people, relationships, and all of our life experiences. The second thing I discovered was that external modifications which precede internal healing can only be temporary and rarely lead to the fulfillment that we seek.
In an effort to clean up my own life I decided to do a little exercising of my own. I was led to undergo a forty day process of self evaluation which manifested into my first book, Before You Work Out, Exercise:40 days of working it out mentally and spiritually. The term before you work out, exercise simply means sort through internal discord before you make material changes. Examples of exercise could be forgiveness, finding your purpose, and developing your relationship with God. Examples of working out can be buying a new home, buying a new car, or getting married.
I used to be the queen of working out, changing my body, my hair, buying new cars, and jumping in and out of relationships. I’ve changed cities and even went to another country! Then I realized that no matter what I do or where I go I still have to take me with me, and ultimately I attract me at every turn. When I realized this I decided to exercise first and then work out!
 Before You Work Out, Exercise is a memoir which tells the stories of love and physical fitness. In it you find daily insights as well as affirmative prescriptions, and inspiring stories that will empower you to manifest the life that you truly desire. Before You Work Out, Exercise has been a blessing on my life and my prayer is that it blesses you the same.  My personal journey continues and has now become a beautiful spiritual adventure because I have given full reigns to Spirit!
Today I work as a holistic fitness practitioner helping people live a balanced and healthy life incorporating fitness, nutrition, forgiveness, self acceptance and energy work into their program. 

To learn more about Nadirah and how she can help you achieve a more balanced and healthy lifestyle, please visit her website at beforeyouworkoutexercise.blogspot.com 





21 comments:

  1. How powerful to know that everything is connected to our higher power. When we believe that the true success of exercise comes from our external force, it is wonderful to know that that success rests in our ability to connect within. I haven't read the book, but I know it is filled with amazing lessons and workout routines for the body and mind. Thank you,Nadirah, for answering the call and living your purpose. You are physically and spiritually such a powerful role model. Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Months ago I would say I was losing it, struggling with my weight and other issues, but when I came in contact with Nadirah and her book that changed everything. I can't express how the book and Nadirah has helped me in my life. Learning to exercise before you workout says alot. Finding your purpose and getting to know who you really are. Thanks Nadirah you are truely a blessing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nadirah you're an inspiration. What a blessing it is to watch you put your God given gifts into action.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nadirah is a light that shines threw!! I'm very proud to see her growth! Please continue to use your gift to bless others!!

    May God Bless
    Tima

    ReplyDelete
  5. I knew when I first met you, you had a spiritul blessing. Your book "Before You Work Out" has been a blessing to me. To learn that some of life experiences are just that. We learn from them and life does go on. Your dedication to helping others it awesome. Thanks
    Paula

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nadira,
    What a wonderful insight. Before you workout; Exercise. The clarity and simplicity of your idea is so sadly missed by so many. I have said that- “a trip around the world is not a cruise”. I completely see the importance of clearing out the “cobwebs” in your life in order to grow into what you want to become. You are a great light in the lives of everyone you encounter and I am personally grateful that you have touched my life in such an uplifting way. Love and Light. /Shawn

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow very inspiring and powerful how you pull all that. I look forward to reading further into this book. Keep it up! you are awesome

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm very inspired by this, thank you so much for blogging.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your words are very motivational you certainly have helped me on my day to day grind! Thank you for being a blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I started my "work out" journey with Nadirah over two years ago, with the goals of finding a venue to de-stress and toning up. Having accomplished (actually killed) my goals in less than 3 months (and maintained it 2 years later), I only discovered the journey was about much more than "working out" and would take a lot more time than 3 months.

    Want to start on your path of self-discovery? Want to find your powerful center? Want to connect with your passion and your life's purpose? Want to be empowered? Read the book! You won't regret it.

    Nadirah, it takes strength and courage to follow your calling, to deliver messages that are not always easily received by others, to put your life (the good, the bad and the ugly) on full display in order to be a walking testament for others. Stay blessed as know that you truly are a blessing.
    Godspeed...

    ReplyDelete
  11. First of all, Nadirah, you are a force to be reckoned with. Your words and essentially your own experiences are so powerful. I got a small glimpse of this when I first met you. I truly believe that there needs to be a balance between body and mind for one to start their journey to "exercise." I started in 2009 with positive intentions to build a healthy body and mind. I have come very close to my goal, however it is when the roadblocks pop up that I must pull myself together again. I think this is true for anyone. Keep up the great work you do to inspire others.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nadirah!!! This day is a really important day for both me and you. On this day with your help I have reached my goal weight. I appreciate everything that you have done for me, and showing me the proper nutrtion and training needed to get to where I am today. I appreciate everything that you have done, and I hope that you never stop changing lives!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you everyone for sharing your thoughts and sending your love. Peace and Blessings. Nadirah(-:

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nadirah- This is beautifully written. What you describe about the body being an energy system is exactly what I think as well :) your words make this concept easy to relate to and understand. Thank you for sharing this with me- I look forward to reading more of your writing!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you Nadirah. You are an inspiration. Thanks for stressing the importance of performing the soul (inner) work before permanent results in the outer can be obtained and maintained. I will bless myself by purchasing and reading your book. God bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I had the great honor of meeting Nadirah Shakir at a friend house where she helped me see that I was jumping before walking. Nadirah Shakir inspired me to look within myself now I am analyzing as whole person from mind, body, and soul.

    ReplyDelete
  17. There are no acidents in accidents in the universe, so to say that I was lucky to meet Nadirah would be going against universal laws, we came into each other's lives at the right time and it was mutually benificial. The concepts in this book really speaks to the WHOLE self, mind, body, spirit. You must execise before you workout! Working out for some is only surface and what I have learned from this book that in order to be whole you must go beyond the physical!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I agree with Lisette, you are a force!!!! The short time that we worked together was enough for me to witness your capabilities as a trainer and a person. Sustaining a fitness lifestyle is a great investment of time and energy. But this takes a great deal of focus. I am a firm believer in mindsets, a person who understands him/her self spiritually is most likely to have a level of understanding that there are reasons and answers for most of life challenges. A person who understands internally how to forgive and let go of issues that cause discord and develop more healthier relationships, will free themselves to focus on more relevant tasks like fitness and nutrition.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Nadirah, I first purchased your book just wanting to support a friend, but I received so much more. In your book I saw a lot of myself through you and your clients. I consider myself to be a well read person but somehow I missed the mark and didn't (until I read your book "BEFORE YOU WORK OUT, EXERCISE"), the connection between the mind, body and spirit. I really had a WOW moment while reading your book. My fitness goals were so one dimensional and by focusing so much on the body (physical) and neglecting the driving forces such as mind and spirit which allows the body to do what it does, I was cheating myself, exerting unfocused energy which can be equated to negative energy and missing the mark every time. Thank you once again for bringing me a since of awareness. Your book was well written, easy to follow and will be a permanent reference point when it comes to holistic fitness.

    Love,

    Melissa Gayle

    ReplyDelete
  20. I Love You Nadriah,
    I wish you well and all the best in life.May Jehovah continue to bless you.I really Miss You @ 24.Peace!

    ReplyDelete
  21. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete